{I'm sharing this here to document this journey of finishing this project from the scratch, oky not exactly coz i downloaded the dataset from kaggle, but yeah whatever you get it, right. Writing all of this here so whnever i wanna revisit the project ive everything documented, whatever i had learned. Here's the linkk to the dataset in case you wanna explore- IBM HR Analytics...dataset }
So I'm learning Data Analytics right now, and I thought instead of finishing each and every tutorial, let's start a project. I'll learn through that. I searched on YouTube for "beginner data analytics projects," came across one, and decided to follow whatever he does. But I thought of going with a different dataset than him, so I picked a dataset from Kaggle (the IBM HR Analytics one) and started. Firstly, I analyzed it through my eyes in Excel, then did EDA and data cleaning. Then I was like, now it's time to do SQlllll. But then I realized that while connecting MySQL with Jupyter Notebook, my MySQL password was very much visible on GitHub. So I had to spend a good 1–2 hours learning how to undo that. Okay, did that anyway. Learned my lesson. Now that it's finally time to perform SQL queries to get some really good insights, I was like, lemme just ChatGPT the bUsIneSs QuEsTiOnS. But then I realized, no babygirl, I'm doing this project to learn, not to just copy-paste it, push it onto GitHub, or show it off on LinkedIn. So I sat with the data and wrote some questions by myself. Now I'll perform SQL queries, answering these questions one by one. This made me realize that learning is slow and sometimes invisible. Learning keywords and syntax is hard... or maybe easy for some people. But thinking... getting yourself smudged into the mud of the data to come up with questions that are actually worth answering... that's the skill. And that skill will come through practice and repetition, not by copy-pasting SQL queries from ChatGPT. AI is amazing. Use it. I use it as well. But you've still gotta do the thinking yourself. Just don't cheat your own self.
No comments:
Post a Comment